Skip to toolbar

Home Forums Jamorama Community General Discussion New Member Intro

22 replies, 12 voices Last updated by  Richard (Rick) 1 year, 9 months ago
  • Author

Rob G
    Participant
    @Rob_G

How about everybody post a thread introducing themselves? I’ll start.

I bought my first guitar less than a month ago. The next day, I had signed up for lessons with a local guy. About the same time, I found Jamorama, which I’m guessing was just prior to the new site launch, since I subscribed to two courses via email.

I also started watching a ton of YouTube videos, found some other lessons, and have now been to three local lessons. I’m pretty hooked, but I crave knowledge so I spend much of my spare time surfing for info on guitars, playing and whatever else. That and listening to a lot more Dire Straits (which was always a favorite).

My hope is to get good enough to maybe come up with some songs, as much for fun as anything else. Maybe even find some folks to play with.

Rob

Hi Rob, I’m Marty and have been a member of Jamorama since 2008. I had the Jamorama site up and runningfor a long time then about a week ago my login and password did not work. Good thing I held onto my registration key number. Now I am set up again as a PRO member, but have decided to start over because it appears a few things are different, and I can use the practice. I have been concentrating on advanced jazz chords so much that it threw my game off playing regular chords, a wake up call to remind me that you must constantly play or you will forget.

correction member since 2005

Phil
      Participant
      @Kossoff

Hello Martin (Marty)…
      Nice to meet you …

Phil
    Participant
    @Kossoff

Hi guys …
    I’m a 59 year old, grey haired Welshman, who on the advice of his wife, added learning the guitar to my “bucket list”. That was just over two years ago, and I discovered/joined Jamorama in February 2014. Like fellow poster and member Martin, I’ve decided to go back to the beginning and start the course all over again (although I am breezing through the courses a little faster second time around). No disrespect to the previous website version, but this site is more user friendly and far superior. I have completed most of Mark’s tutorial courses over the last two years, but if you asked me to name them all, I would find it difficult, nay impossible to do so. As mentioned, this site is far better, allowing more accurate logging of progress etc.
    Anyway, that’s me …. I look forward to befriending my fellow members in the months/years to come, and progressing with my guitar ability.

Take care …
    Phil

Phil
    Participant
    @Kossoff

Hello Rob G…
    Welcome to the site, I look forward to exchanging posts with you…

Luis Tovar
    Keymaster
    @Luis

Hi guys, very nice to find about you and your experiences with the guitar; excellent idea @rob_g!
    My name is Luis, I am originally from México and I am currently living in Argentina… I am a drummer, I have been playing since I was 12 (now 33) and I consider myself a very descent rhythm guitarist. I learned all the basics through the Classic Jamorama course and now I have to find the time to get into the new video lessons but you now how it is… what I am doing a lot lately is to play the bass and also started producing music at home, so my free time is being used on that new hobby which is great.

By the way, it is me the guy who replies to all the support emails, so if you have any questions or problems with the new system please get in touch 😉

See you around!

Ian Witz
    Participant
    @ianwitz

I am unable to login to the Jamorama site.
    I have sent an email to Jamorama Support – no response.
    I see on the site forum that a number of other Loyalty Members have experienced the same fate recently.
    I would also appreciate getting re-registered and connected to the site.
    I joined the FREE option just to be able to post here.
    Please update / rectify and forward me the updated details.

Ian Witz
    Participant
    @ianwitz

Hi Luis

Although I can now see the additional courses, I am unable to start / access any of the additional courses.
    If I click on a course it takes me to the membership signup page.

Please assist.

Regards,
    Ian Witz

Rob G
    Participant
    @Rob_G

Hey Ian..

I haven’t seen Jon around here in a week or more; he seems to be the one who takes care of a lot of the site. I’m hoping he’ll return soon and take care of your issues.

Rob

Phil
      Participant
      @Kossoff

Hi Rob …
      It’s a sad fact, but the forum content, and problem response times just two one of the things that have let Jamorama down for quite some time. It sometimes comes across that member problems are low on the list of priorities. It’s such a pity, because the site could be so successful if this was improved. Perhaps someone who could cover these issues should/could volunteer their services for the good of Jamorama …. it could only be an improvement.

Phil

Jon Coursey
      Keymaster
      @Jon

Hi Guys! Yes, I have been away for a week or two, but I’m back on board now and will be checking in daily on the forum and working to make Jamorama a better place for all of us who want to see the community flourish here.

I really appreciate the support and help you active guys have been giving to new community members. This is exactly what I imagined when I set to creating the site. Please continue to be active members of the community – and I will do all I can to support you from my end.

Also, please keep your suggestions coming for how you would like to see the site develop. I can’t promise that every suggestion will be acted on, but this is your place as much as mine and your opinions matter.

For anyone who is having account/login issues, the best thing to do is to submit a ticket via the support center and Luis will look into it for you.

TC
    Participant
    @tcstrad07

Hey Tim here, been a member since Jan 2016 been have been playing guitar since Dec 2012 so not long at all. Found Mark/Jamorama and really enjoyed the teaching style. Before that I had taken lessons for just under 2 years and then parted ways with local instructor and just continue with books and youtube but always wanted a structure path. I look forward to chatting with and meeting some fellow guitarists. Jam on! \m/

Phil
      Participant
      @Kossoff

Hi Tim …Welcome aboard.

Phil
      Participant
      @Kossoff

Hi Tim …Welcome aboard, enjoy you time at Jamorama!!.

Anonymous @

Hi all, I am Darren from Marks home in New Zealand. I have just joined and am a 50 year old guitar player. I have been playing for about 25 years on and off but 4 years ago decided to go back to acoustic guitar. I am in an acoustic duo (www.facebook.com/audiochill.duo) that use some backing tracks and looping along with just my acoustic. Hoping to learn some new and better techniques especially along the lines of lead guitar. I would love to correspond with anyone on here. I am believe you can learn from all guitar players whatever their ability. I have taught a few beginners over the years and found this has improved my playing immensely. I am looking forward to learning some new things and meeting some fellow musicians.

Phil
    Participant
    @Kossoff

Hi Darren, welcome aboard!!

CJ Horton
    Participant
    @chipmonkchum

Hello fellow rockers and lovers of sound production! 🙂

My name is Chris, 24, from the land of England and been playing guitar for about 4 years. Completely self taught and excited to learn some real indepth tough theory to accomplish my composition goals!

And hopefully meet some wicked and like minded people along the way!

Greeting to you all. Jamorama here we come.

Phil
      Participant
      @Kossoff

Greetings Chris ….welcome to the crazy house!!
      Where abouts are you in England?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Phil.

Alan
    Participant
    @alanb3006

Well, since you guys have started, I’ll chip in. My name is Alan, and like Phil I have had playing guitar on my bucket list for a few years. I lived in Houston Texas from 2010 to 2014 so I thought what better place to start. I found a really good teacher who got me up and running. It was while living there that I came across Mark, most probably via his YouTube videos. I returned to the UK in 2014 (currently living about half way between Watford and St Albans) and formally signed up. So I’m not a total beginner but practice is not much good without proper tuition which I feel Mark does a great job of. Keep up the good work.

Phil
    Participant
    @Kossoff

Welcome to the group Alan …. greetings from darkest Wales!!

Edith
    Participant
    @Tupper

Hello from the other side of the pond. I am Edith 49 yo and started out playing guitar a couple of months ago. I reside in Nijmegen , Netherlands where I have lived my whole life. I just joined Jamorama and am enjoying it very much.
    I make money working as a RN CCU/ICU nurse with a short 5 year break as a Paramedic/EMT. Back in the hospital now with easier shifts and more time at home so I can practice a lot 🙂
    I started out with a crappy guitar I got with a subscription to an online course wich didn’t work out really well so I ditched the guitar and bought a second hand The Loar LH 309VS which I totally love. I have a face to face guitarlesson with a teachter every week and in the meantime I practice JustinGuitar songs and found this here course.
    I am not sure how this “social” aspect on this site works since it is unclear to me how to get “friends” but eventually I will find out somehow I guess.
    For now keep up the good work and see you around 🙂

Richard (Rick)
    Participant
    @RGRuggles

Hi, My name is Richard, but go by Rick. I’m from Canada, but currently living in Germany. I found this site by accident. I started back in 2009 in Surrey, B.C. after being home for a year and listening to my friends playing the blues. I was learning notes on the strings, which was somewhat slow for me. Started looking at the internet, but wasn’t getting anywhere. Took some classes with a Dutch teacher, but that didn’t last to long. So I have been in a rut since there.
    Like Mark said, “When you make a mistake and stop, You get real good at stopping”, or something like that.
    I think that Mark is a great teacher, and hope that he is around for quite some time.
    I do have a question for anybody that knows. How do you get a profile picture in the spot next to your name? I have been looking through everything, and I can’t find a thing. Please help me.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active