Skip to toolbar

Home Forums Learning Ask a question Practice

Tagged: 

4 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  Fran Lawn 1 year, 8 months ago
  • Author

Fran Lawn
    Participant
    @fslawn

I’m a busy guy, as I am sure most of you are. I am also new to guitar playing. What is a realistic amount of practice daily to successfully learn guitar?

Phil
    Participant
    @Kossoff

As much time as you can spare really. But don’t practice if you feel it’s getting a chore and monotonous, only continue your practice if you are enjoying it.

Fran Lawn
    Participant
    @fslawn

Thanks Phil, greatly appreciate it.

Alan Carter
    Participant
    @Alan_Carter

I find if you grab your guitar every day it will help, even 5 mins a day is good, I think I average 15-30mins a day. You just need to have an idea on what you want to work on or what you want to do on it. Also, for some peculiar reason, sometimes I’ve found I can’t work out how to do something the first day I try it, even if I can’t get it successfully done once, I’ll come back the next day and I can do it.

Probably a second good bit of advice I found was from Robert Baker who said to make sure you end on a good note. So even if your practice isn’t going at all well for whatever you’re trying to learn, make sure you finish on a song or riff you can do and is fun — that way you don’t do the whole ‘ugh.. couldn’t work that thing out.. won’t bother trying today’

Fran Lawn
      Participant
      @fslawn

Thanks for the advice Alan.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active