Skip to toolbar

Home Forums Instruments Electric Guitar The Guitar Itch

0 replies, 1 voice Last updated by  Rob G 2 years, 4 months ago
  • Author

Rob G
    Participant
    @Rob_G

Thankfully I’m not talking about a medical condition. 🙂

I was in Guitar Center the other day with a couple of friends. I saw up on the top row of the wall of electric guitars this really pretty new Gibson Les Paul in Caribbean blue. It was busy so I didn’t ask to see it. I’ve been very happy with my PRS SE Custom 24.

Over the next few days, I started finding ways to justify another guitar. I thought, okay, I’ll go over there on Wednesday and bring my PRS along and check out that Les Paul and see what I think of it.

But then two days ago, I started looking for reviews of it online. Didn’t find any, because it was so new. So then I looked for reviews for another guitar I’ve had my eye on, the PRS CE 24 (the new for 2016 release). I found quite a few, and watched many of them. I was very impressed by the tones it could produce.. a combination of the fancy PRS 85/15 pickups, the maple neck and bolt-on design. Comparatively, my Korean-made SE, which already sounds awesome in its own right, couldn’t hold a candle to it. So I started thinking about getting one of those.

Yesterday, being Wednesday, I went over there as planned. I compared that Les Paul to my PRS (played both on the same amp). Nope, the Les Paul couldn’t touch it. My PRS was (in my opinion) vastly better sounding. So that one was out. Now it’s starting to look like I might order a CE 24 and then sell my current PRS. I’m still kicking it around, so we’ll see where that goes. The 2017 models are due out in late November according to PRS customer service, so maybe there will be some more color options. Dunno if I’ll wait that long or not.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

@

Not recently active