Did you wake up this morning totally uninspired… in a funk… like you just don’t feel like playing guitar today? Maybe you thought about heading to the guitar room, but just couldn’t make yourself do it? Maybe you’ve felt this way for a few days now… or weeks… If so, don’t worry… this is totally […]
Tag Archives: guitar practice
7 Tips for Positive Practice Habits
As we all know, learning an instrument can be hard work. It is important to make sure you have solid self discipline and apply yourself. Because a lot of your practice will be away from your teacher you need to develop strategies for maintaining a good work ethic. Here are seven habits that will help […]
Discipline in Practicing
In this article we look at how you can develop good guitar practice habits and we look at the common problems that many people have when learning how to change between chords smoothly. Let’s get started! There are two main factors when it comes to discipline in practice. They are practicing regularly, and practicing well. […]
Are you sick of Eric, Jimmy and Joe getting in your way when it comes to your solos? Well, show them who’s boss with the JAMVOX an integrated monitor and software system that extracts the guitar from any MP3 and plugs you into the mix of their favorite bands.
JamVOX gives guitarists instant access to dozens of legendary amps and effects all in one easy to use “drag and drop” software interface. Revolutionary Guitar XTracktion (GXT) technology lets you remove the guitar part of your favorite song with the push of a button.
1. 19 famous guitar amps and 54 effect units ranging from vintage to modern are provided as software.
2. Easy-to-use “drag and drop” interface enables guitarists to create their “dream guitar rig” without any advanced knowledge of amps or effects. Sound famous fast!
3. A music player feature with convenient functions for jam sessions or practice.
4. Import music files to jam along with from your favorite CDs, music library or MP3 player.
5. A dedicated USB monitor speaker is included, and there’s no need for complex wiring or specialized knowledge of computer music.
6. Two guitar play-along CDs containing 28 famous rock classics.
You can loop the playback, use the Tempo Change function to slow down the playback speed without affecting the pitch, and you can even use these functions while using GXT to extract the guitar part, making it much easier to learn rapid phrases by ear, or to practice difficult phrases. The Pitch Change function lets you change the pitch without affecting the tempo of the song, allowing you to correct slight discrepancies in pitch between your guitar and the song, or to play along with songs that use a dropped tuning.