We’ve talked about IK Multimedia’s iRig Amplitube in the past and this time IK Multimedia has stepped it up with its newest iRig STOMP – the first stompbox guitar interface for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
Integrate your iOS with your pedalboard!
For the first time, guitar and bass players can integrate their favorite iOS signal processing apps with their existing live pedalboard setup for enhanced tone shaping and effects processing using an iPhone/iPod touch or iPad.
iRig STOMP is based on the widely popular AmpliTube iRig interface and is compatible with any iOS guitar / amp / instrument app.
iRig STOMP – With a very MXR pedals look and feel.
- Compact, durable yet lightweight, aluminum-cast enclosure integrates easily with any traditional pedalboard.
- Can be used inline with other effects pedals, or directly connected to amplifiers or PA systems using regular 1/4″ guitar cables, with no need for adapters.
- Allows precise adjustment of the signal for perfect guitar and bass levels with its large input gain knob.
- Active battery-powered output circuit improves headroom, especially when used with high-gain amplifiers in the AmpliTube app, reducing feedback and crosstalk when recording.
- The bypass switch allows engaging or bypassing the AmpliTube app chain of effects – like a traditional stompbox – for seamless integration into any existing rig.
- Ultra-compact form-factor can be easily carried on the road.
- Features a 3.5mm/1/8″ jack for silent practicing with headphones.
- Includes AmpliTube FREE app and can be used with any other guitar processing app that uses the iOS mini-jack
- Has an ultra-small, compact profile that can be carried anywhere with ease.
- Compatible with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
What is it?
Well, it’s basically a stompbox interface for your iOS device that allows you to use your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad with your existing pedal board. Or, you can use just the iRig Stomp. It’s constructed from durable military-grade aluminum for indestructible performance (unless you run over it with a tank), and has the same switch you find on today’s most popular foot pedals.
The iRig Stomp is an active circuit powered either by a 9v battery or by your pedal board power system. Both ways provide a high quality active system signal with lots of headroom.
Check out this presentation video from the IK Multimedia team:
Learn more about Luis Tovar on his Google profile.